Webcast: All Things Natural Gas: LNG, Supply & Demand, Pricing, Renewables and More
In the latest episode of Fortunato & Friends, Exelon Chief Economist Ed Fortunato interviews Erin M. Blanton, Senior Research Scholar at the Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs.
During the webcast, Ed and Erin discussed all thing natural gas including prices, sustainability, hydrogen as a replacement for natural gas and domestic and international impacts. Additionally, Constellation’s Commodities Management Group member, Keith Poli, moderated the webcast and offered his insights.
The three speakers deliberated on the following topics and questions:
- Natural gas as a transition fuel [starts at 04:02]
- Energy poverty and equity [starts at 05:00]
- Why are we getting rid of natural gas as a fuel source? [starts at 07:07]
- Methane emissions [starts at 08:50]
- The increased use of “dirty” energy sources [starts at 10:11]
- Hydrogen as a fuel source [starts at 13:05]
- Renewable natural gas [starts at 18:26]
- Where do natural gas prices go this winter? [starts at 23:05]
- ESG impacts on pipeline and infrastructure builds [starts at 25:33]
- How did NYMEX get to $6/MMBtu? [starts at 29:31]
- What is going on in Europe and Asia? [starts at 36:15]
- Nord Stream 2 [starts at 39:08]
- What are natural gas utilities going to do in the future? [starts at 41:30]
- Erin’s one-year outlook [starts at 44:16]
- LNG exports [starts at 47:00]
- Oil and gas company ‘splits’ and domestic market impacts [starts at 49:20]
- A cryptocurrency curveball [starts at 51:20]
- Buildout of the electric fleet [starts at 52:55]
- The five-year natural gas outlook [starts at 55:37]
Listen to the full webcast to hear expert insights by visiting our Fortunato & Friends Webcast resources page.
If you enjoyed Erin’s session, stay tuned for “Take Five with Fortunato”, a new monthly video series featuring quick, five-minute insights by Ed and his guests. Erin will be the featured guest in December and January. Subscribe to our communications in our Subscription Center so you don’t miss these key insights!
If you find the insights shared in the webcast valuable, be sure to sign up for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast, featuring Dr. Ann Irvine, Chief Data Scientist at Resilience, a middle market cyber insurer committed to bridging the gap between cyber insurance and cybersecurity, discussing cybercrime and security, with your questions, answered. Register today for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast.