Webcast: The Economy and the Outlook for 2021< 1 min read
In the latest episode of Fortunato & Friends, Exelon Chief Economist Ed Fortunato interviews Laura Gamble, Regional President Greater Maryland at PNC and Baltimore Branch Director of the Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
They discussed Laura’s perspective on the economic recovery and outlook for 2021 from both a private sector perspective and as a member of the Richmond Fed’s Baltimore Branch. Laura provided her insights in regards to learning from challenges experienced by the banking industry in light of the coronavirus pandemic, nationwide shutdowns and the assistance the economy may continue to need as we await vaccine distributions. Keith Poli, a member of Constellation’s Commodities Management Group, moderated the conversation and also shared insights.
The three speakers deliberated on the following questions:
- How is the banking sector doing?
- What industries are the winners and losers of 2020?
- What has kept a lot of companies from experiencing bankruptcy?
- What’s your prediction for 2021; do you see a huge economic boom?
- What’s the outlook on interest rates – is inflation or deflation on the horizon?
- It took from 2010-2019 to normalize unemployment rates after the 2007-2008 economic crisis; is this something you’re looking at?
- What changes are you seeing in the private equity, if any?
Listen to the full webcast below to hear expert insights by visiting our webinar resources page.
Every month, Fortunato & Friends, a live webcast interview, will feature a special guest to discuss topics driving the economy and energy markets. Register for the next Fortunato & Friends webcast on February 2nd to hear Ed’s returning guest Dr. Wilbur H. Chen, a professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, discuss the COVID-19 vaccines, mutations and more.