Webcast: The Past, Present and Future of Energy
In the latest episode of Fortunato & Friends, Exelon Chief Economist Ed Fortunato interviews Peter Kelly-Detwiler, Smart Energy Decisions’ Director of Educational Programming and Principal of NorthBridge Energy Partners.
During the webcast, Kelly-Detwiler shares his thoughts on the direction of energy after looking at the past and present state of the industry. You will also hear highlights from his book “The Energy Switch: How Companies and Customers Are Transforming the Electrical Grid and the Future of Power” during the webcast.
The two speakers deliberated on the following questions questions (and even more asked by the audience):
- What inspired you to write a book? [starts at 4:21]
- Why is it important to switch over to clean energy in some capacity? [starts at 7:58]
- What do you say to the climate change skeptics? [starts at 10:48]
- What happens when the atmosphere becomes 3 degrees warmer? [starts at 13:03 ]
- With a clean energy solution in response to climate change, will things get better and/or stabilize? [starts at 15:13]
- Is the U.S. a leader in clean energy technologies? [starts 17:48]
- Do we have alternatives to lithium and cobalt? [starts 20:35]
- What do you think the future of electric vehicle is? [starts at 23:14]
- Realistically, how close are we to using hydrogen for cars, if at all? [starts at 32:50]
- What do you think the energy business will look like in 2030 – 2035? [starts at 35:40]
- What will happen with energy majors during the transition to clean energy? [starts at 41:42]
Listen to the full webcast to hear expert insights by visiting our Fortunato & Friends Webcast resources page.
If you find the insights shared in the webcast valuable, be sure to sign up for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast, featuring a special guest who will discuss COVID-19 and the rise of the Delta variant. Register today for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast.