Webcast: Where Do We Go From Here In Energy?
In the latest episode of Fortunato & Friends, Exelon Chief Economist Ed Fortunato interviews Jan Stuart, Global Energy Economist, and Tom Marchetti, Global Energy Strategist, from Cornerstone Macro a broker dealer firm providing securities sales, trading, and research services.
During the webcast, Fortunato, Stuart and Marchetti discussed global energy transition strategies and associated challenges, global demand growth for oil and oil supply constraints, fuel parity and storage concerns for natural gas and much more. Additionally, Constellation’s Commodities Management Group member, Keith Poli, moderated the webcast and offered his insights.
The four speakers deliberated on the following topics and questions:
- Defining the Energy Transition [starts at 03:56]
- Growing global oil demand [starts at 07:00]
- Commodity supply constraints [starts at 10:32]
- Decarbonization trends [starts at 13:00]
- The outlook for Energy Transition [starts at 20:37]
- Wall Street and the Energy Transition [starts at 24:20]
- Production response to increased demand [starts at 30:39]
- Energy inflation impacts [starts at 32:38]
- Skyrocketing LNG prices [starts at 37:30]
- Hydrogen as a viable fuel source [starts at 43:20]
- What are the oil majors doing? [starts at 47:50]
- Legislation and carbon emissions [starts at 49:50]
- RNG and the Energy Transition [starts at 52:36]
- What factors are driving natural gas prices up [starts at 54:00]
Listen to the full webcast to hear expert insights by visiting our Fortunato & Friends Webcast resources page.
If you find the insights shared in the webcast valuable, be sure to sign up for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast featuring Erin M. Blanton, Senior Research Scholar at the Center on Global Energy Policy at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs discussing all things natural gas: LNG, supply & demand, pricing, renewables and more. Register today for our next Fortunato & Friends webcast.